Hello! I started this blog “Essentially Jamie” to start lifestyle blogging about military life, marriage, DIY, cooking and much more. I hope you enjoy.
This is my first blog post and I want to take the time to introduce myself a bit, so here is the “15 things about me” list!
- My name is Jamie (obviously from the blog title!), I’m 26 years old.
- I am a Navy Wife, My husband has been in the navy for about 6 years.
- I have a 6 year old Siberian Husky, Kaya. I love her to pieces! She’s such a handful sometimes.
- I like to think I am a decent cook, I would most definitely call myself an amateur. My husband said that I have moved up from a 4, to about a 7 on the 1 to 10 scale, so I’d call that pretty good!
- I love music, my current favorite is probably Lana Del Rey. I can just jam out to her music all the time. Especially when I am in my office working.
- I believe that dancing is the greatest way to let your true self out. Let down your hair, crank up the music and have a mini dance party, you’ll feel so much better afterwards.
- I’m totally obsessed with HGTV, it’s seriously on all the time, I wish I could be so crafty like Flea Market Flip. It’s the bomb.
- Movies: I LOVE MOVIES — Favorites: The Wedding Date, Mulan (Yeah, that Disney film, don’t hate – it’s great and you know it!) and Lucky Number Slevin. There’s plenty more, I love Rom-Com’s mostly but I tried to provide some variety and those were the first to pop into my head.
- My favorite perfume is “Tease” from Victoria Secret, I don’t know, I just love it.
- I absolutely hate hate hate spiders with a passion. Yuck, I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about them.
- I love shopping but I hate trying clothes on, that’s the worst! My favorite stores are definitely Target and Home Goods – Yeah, take all my money.
- My all time favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, there’s nothing like sitting around a giant table with your family eating incredible food until you can feel like your going to explode. Then you get to nap and do it all over again with the leftovers! My mom always made some awesome Turkey and dumplings with the leftovers. Delish.
- I love to go on adventures. Whether they be across country, international or simply exploring my surroundings. I’ve moved quite a bit with being associated to the military and I find that I love learning new places and discovering what’s around. It’s exciting.
- I grew up in a tiny town in Ohio, maybe that’s why I love exploring new places as much as I do now, because there was absolutely NOTHING to do in my home town.
- I would call myself a hobbyist photographer. I love that a photo can capture a moment in time that will last forever. Photography is beautiful.
I hope this post allowed you to get to know me a bit better. You can also head on over to my ABOUT section to read a bit more!